Community Care Clinic
The Community Care Clinic was established in 2006, in response to a growing number of uninsured in our community. Nearly 10,000 adults in Watauga County do not have health insurance. Our clinic is located in the Hannah Building (the former Health Department) off of Bamboo Road, on Health Center Drive.
Our medical services include primary care, care in a range of specialties, and health education. Reduced cost dental and vision care are offered by Appalachian Dental Care, and Western Carolina Eye Associates. Volunteerism (both medical and non-medical) continues to be vital in providing healthcare to the many uninsured patients that we serve.
The mission of the Community Care Clinic is to provide healthcare to low-income persons in our community who do not have health insurance. Through disease prevention, continuity of care and active follow-up, we can promote the health and well-being of our community.
The clinic provides healthcare to low-income persons who do not have health insurance. Please call 828-265-8591 for an appointment.
Accredited by the North Carolina Association of Free Clinics
Member of the North Carolina Association of Free Clinics
Member of the National Association of Free and Charitable Clinics
- We believe that all patients deserve to be treated with dignity and respect, regardless of the ability to pay.
- We believe that our mission is to promote health and wellness.
- We believe that primary healthcare is local and that community based planning, collaboration, and support are critical.
- We believe in maintaining high standards of operation for the clinic, and professionalism for our staff and volunteers.
- We believe in good stewardship of all resources and services.
In the News
Affordable Care Act - Will all of our patients have health insurance come January 2014? NO!! North Carolina will not be expanding Medicaid eligibility requirements, leaving an estimated 4,100 adults in Watauga County without insurance. You may read more about it here.....(ACA) or call Melissa at 828.265.8591 for more info.
The Community Care Clinic is seeking a licensed mental health/substance abuse therapist - LCSW or equivalent. Position is full-time and co-located between the clinic and the Hospitality House. Send resume, letter of interest and 3 references to 141 Health Center Dr., Suite B, Boone, NC 28607